WHAT WE BELIEVE
Exactly what is Calvary Chapel? That’s a question we are frequently asked. Calvary Chapel is not a denomination. It’s an association of churches worldwide where the Bible is taught chapter-by-chapter and verse-by-verse.
- We believe there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory; that this triune God created all, upholds all, and governs all things.
- We believe in the person of God the Father, an infinite, eternal, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love; that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; that He hears and answers prayer; and that He saves from sin and death all those who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the person of Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings, substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people, and personal, visible return to earth.
- We believe in the person of the Holy Spirit, who was sent by the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify, and empower for ministry all who believe in Christ. We believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ and that He is an abiding helper, teacher, and guide. We believe that all of the gifts of the Holy Spirit are available for the believer, and that they are to be exercised decently and in order.
About the Bible
- We believe that the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God, fully inspired without error and the infallible rule of faith and practice. The Word of God is the foundation upon which this church operates and is the basis by which this church is governed.
- We believe that the Word of God supersedes any earthly laws that are contrary to the Holy Scriptures.
- We believe that all people are sinners by nature and are, therefore, condemned. However, God saves and regenerates those who repent of their sins and confess Jesus Christ as Lord.
- We believe in a literal Heaven and a literal Hell and that all those who place their faith, hope, and trust in Jesus Christ will spend eternity in Heaven with the Lord, while those who reject Jesus’ free gift of salvation will spend eternity separated from the Lord.